[kaffe-announce] Kaffe 1.1.1 "Development" Release available for download
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:41:07 -0700
I've made the 1.1.1 release of Kaffe available for download at:
As this is a development release, it is essentially a snapshot of
what's happening in CVS, with limited testing. Even though this is
not a production release, it contains a lot of improvements over
1.0.7, which was release over half a year ago. I anticipate that most
people will have less trouble with this release.
Here are some highlights of new things done since the last development
* Much of the new bytecode verifier has been added (but not all of
it). Soon, we will be able to safely run untrusted code!
* Lots of configuration/compile fixes, including: NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Linux 2.0, Linux/S390, AmigaOS, OpenBSD/Sparc, Cygwin
* Lots of class library fixes
* Added JNI 1.2/1.4 features
* The beginnings of JVMPI support
* Some infrastructure for NIO support
* Some successes: Eclipse (loads, doesn't completely work yet),
Jetty w/JSP, Java-Gnome, Qt AWT under QTopia, Snark, hsqldb
We're going to try to stick to the schedule of doing a development
release every two months, culminating in a heavily tested "production"
release (1.2.0) in early 2004.
Bug reports, comments and patches are always welcome -- send them to
the team at email@example.com.