[kaffe-announce] Kaffe 1.1.5 "Development" Release available for
jim at kaffe.org
Tue Apr 5 17:26:29 PDT 2005
I've made the 1.1.5 release of Kaffe available for download at:
This is the next in the 1.1.x series of development releases.
It has been tested, but not as thoroughly as a
production release would be. It contains major
improvements over 1.1.4, which was released one
year ago. I anticipate that most people will have
less trouble with this release, and more fun.
Even though this is not a production release, it
contains a large number of improvements over 1.0.7,
which was released over two years ago. Don't use
1.0.7, it's ancient! We will release a new
production release very soon.
Here are some highlights of new things done since the
last development release:
* Resynced with latest GNU Classpath.
* Added GNU EmbbededWindow extension from GNU Classpath.
* gcjwebplugin is known to work with the extension.
* Improved AWT implementations.
* GNU Classpath's implementation of AWT/Swing has
* New Nano-X AWT backend.
* Xlib AWT backend supports xi18n wide-character
* Dynamic switch among existing AWT implementations
via command line options.
* Better stack pointer / stack size handling.
* JNI direct invocation fixes.
* Verifier moved to its own directory.
* JNI upgrades to 1.2
* New experimental Boehm-Weiser garbage collector.
* Merged in JIT3 for powerpc from JanosVM.
* Implemented weak references in the VM.
* KJC temporarily replaced by jikes.
* DNSJava, Jessie, JZLib and gjdoc merged in.
* Added some internationalization support to kaffe's
executable (fr, zh_TW).
* Many compiler warning fixes.
* Tested in Ch environment.
* Fixes for NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Darwin.
* New ports to FreeBSD on x86-64, Darwin on x86 and
HP-UX on ia64.
* Some successes: Resin2, JSDL, SwingWT, gcjwebplugin,
ME4SE, MicroEmulator, VNCj, LwVCL, DirectFB kawt,
Eclipse 3.0.1, 3.1M6.
This release is dedicated to the memory of David Marston, who
passed away at age 28 of cancer. David collaborated on the
RISC OS Kaffe port.
Bug reports, comments and patches are always
welcome -- send them to the team at kaffe at kaffe.org.
- the Kaffe team
More information about the kaffe-announce