[kaffe-announce] Kaffe 1.1.9 Release available for download
jim at kaffe.org
Tue Feb 26 23:35:01 PST 2008
I've made the 1.1.9 release of Kaffe available for download at:
Kaffe is distributed in source code form only. You can find the
source in the .tar.gz, .tar.bz and .zip files.
Kaffe is a clean room implementation of the Java virtual machine, plus
the associated class libraries needed to provide a Java runtime
environment. The Kaffe virtual machine is free software, licensed under
the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Much thanks goes to Dalibor Topic for running the project and putting
this release together!
This release of Kaffe is a "development" release. It has been tested,
but not as thoroughly as a production release would be.
Check the website at http://kaffe.org/ for information on the mailing
list, irc channel, bug tracker, etc.
What's New In Kaffe 1.1.9
* Depend on glib for atomic operations
* Support for JSR 166.
* Depend on zziplib instead of zlib for JAR reading.
* Many build system improvements.
* Simplified threading subsystem interface.
* Removed support for native big math.
* Removed libltdl. Kaffe uses an existing installation
* Removed gnu-inet, dnsjava, Tritonus and binreloc.
* Removed GNU Classpath tools. Kaffe uses an installed javap
as javap when it's available.
* Removed gjdoc and ANTLR. Kaffe uses an installed gjdoc as
javadoc when it's available.
* Removed GNU Classpath. Kaffe uses an existing GNU Classpath
installation exclusively now. It needs GNU Classpath 0.95 or
- Jim Pick
kaffe-announce mailing list
kaffe-announce at kaffe.org
More information about the kaffe-announce