What do you use Kaffe for?

Daniel Veillard kaffe@kaffe.org
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 22:52:58 +0200

>Well while I was at JavaOne last week I got to thinking about what people
>did with Kaffe.  I have a few ideas from those I met there but wondered
>what other people were using it for.

  Hi Tim,

Well I have already sent this information on the list, but....
We are using Kaffe to embbed a Java interpreter in Amaya,
the W3C testbed browser/editor. It allows :
    to customize the application using Java programming.
    to uses Jigsaw HTTP classes to do network access
I choosed it because :
    it is available in source code
    it is redistributable with a licencing similar to W3C
    Copyright
    You and the kaffe community helped me embbed it into
    Amaya.
    it runs on Linux and Solaris our two main platforms.

  keep up the good work ...
Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard@w3.org      | W3C / INRIA Rhone-Alpes | Today's Bookmarks :