can't link bis-awt natives

Stephen Gurney steve at josh.com
Mon Apr 14 13:27:51 PDT 1997

Hello,

I am trying to get biss-awt running under sunos. The problem
I'm having is that even after I create a kaffe_bissawt.a library,
kaffe reports an error whever a JAVA program trys to access
native functions from kaffe_bissawt.a.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try to get this working? I think
I'm beyond LD_LIBRARY_PATH and CLASSPATH problems. currently I'm
in the biss-0.87/src/biss/awt/kernel/X directory with a
buch of .o files and I need to know how to correctly put them
into a .a (or .so ) file and get it to link with a JAVA program.

Does the kaffe_bissawt library have to be a dynamic library ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve