JIT on Alpha OSF/1

Ulf Behrens behrens at x4u2.desy.de
Fri Apr 18 03:58:55 PDT 1997

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Q wrote:

> Has anyone got Kaffe 0.83 to run properly on Alpha - Digital Unix 4.0
> using the JIT.

I just got it to run on alpha Digital Unix 3.2
It's strange but the threads didn't work as long as I used the
classes.zip file which comes with JDK 1.0.2 for alpha. I've copied
classes.zip from my linux pc and now it works.

> I got it to compile ok (with some header file hacking) but it doesn't pass
> the regression tests.

Which compiler are you using ? I've used gcc and I also had to modify one
include file. I'm also concerned about the large number of warnings I get
during compilation, especially because I had to learn that one of my
application crashes from time to time probably due to a large number of
errors of this kind:

Unaligned access pid=30635 <kaffe> va=7a002e00620072 pc=3ffbffd7000
ra=3ffbffd6fd4 type=ldt

Any hints how to solve this problem ?

regards, ulf