Kaffe 0.8.4 on CodeBuilder 1.0

Dr Paul Gorman Paul.Gorman at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Mon Apr 21 21:44:05 PDT 1997

After a succesful installation of Kaffe 0.8.4 with the BISS AWT and
Javasoft packages on a PowerMac 7600/120  24MB 1.3G MacOS 7.6.1 OT 1.1.1
running CodeBuilder v1.0 I got the following response from kaffe:

cbuser at CodeBuilder% javac HelloWorldApp.java
Failed to allocate heap (16384K)
thread kaffe: fatal exception... no core written
abort - core dumped
cbuser at CodeBuilder%

This happened with every java file I tried to compile. Anyone have a
similar response on another platform or know of a fix?

Thanks,

Paul.

-- Dr. Paul Gorman                  e-mail   : PGorman at cs.otago.ac.nz
-- Department of Computer Science   Phone    : +64 - 3 479 8366
-- University of Otago              Fax      : +64 - 3 479 8529
-- PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
--                WWW: http://atlas.otago.ac.nz:800/staff/PaulGorman.html
--
-- "What speed is godspeed?"    Eddy Izzard