Next update to gc-malloc.c

Tim Wilkinson tim at tjwassoc.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 13:28:15 PDT 1997

Bernie Solomon wrote:

> I have tried to build a JIT version of 0.8.4 on Alpha/Digital Unix 4.0
> (which seems to work much better than 0.8.3) but somehow its trying to
> allocate a ridiculous amount of memory and gc-malloc.c mishandles out of
> heap. I have updated my diffs to this file (includes yesterdays) to
> cope. At the same time I have suppressed a couple of warnings gcc was
> giving owing to 64 bit pointers.
>
> I'd also say that the algorithm gc-malloc.c is using may be fast but it
> can be pretty wasteful of memory.

Bernie,

Thanks alot for the fixes, they've been applied.  I realise the malloc
routine is a bit wasteful (it just came straight out of my system malloc
for FreeBSD) but it's only a stop-gap measure while the GC and malloc
systems are merged.

Cheers
Tim

--
  Tim Wilkinson                         Tel/Fax: +44 181 440 0658
  T. J. Wilkinson & Associates,         Mobile:  +44 370 621006
  London, UK.                           Email:   tim at tjwassoc.co.uk