Does Kaffe handle threaded network I/O?

Stewart Allen stewart at neuron.com
Wed Apr 23 13:32:35 PDT 1997

 I sent this to the list last week, but I haven't heard back.
 I'm writing an application that has a background thread handling
 communications via UDP. Kaffe seems to block all threads whenever
 I do a receive() on a UDP socket. Sun's VM doesn't do this.

 I haven't tested for other forms of I/O (like file), but I'm curious if
 this is a known problem (Tim?).

 Thanks,

 -stewart-