BISS-AWT on NEXTSTEP

Mark Probst schani at CSlab.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 25 03:14:05 PDT 1997

"Peter C. Mehlitz" wrote:

> > it would be great, however, if you could add a link from the
> > biss-homebage to the biss-nextstep homepage
>
> Sure, we will add it to the Web pages. If you have anything you

thanks.

> would like to see either in the native lib or the biss.awt.kernel
> (in order to ease your port), please let me know.

thanks a lot for the offer. actually there is one thing you could
probably give me a hint for: in DPS (display postscript) there is no
XOR mode. what we have instead for such occasions is a concept
called 'instance drawing': you take the current contents of a
window, turn instance drawing on and you can draw whatever you like
onto the window. the point is that when you make a 'new instance',
the old contents of the window are restored.

at the moment i have just ignored XOR-mode. any idea?

btw: i have added two screenshots of the JDE running under NEXTSTEP
to the homepage. check it out!

bye
mark