Kaffe 0.8.4 on BSD/OS 3.0, AIX

kono at ie.u-ryukyu.ac.jp kono at ie.u-ryukyu.ac.jp
Fri Apr 25 23:02:41 PDT 1997

Hi. I've tried Kaffe on BSD/OS 3.0 and AIX 3.2. This is a report on it.

    BSD/OS 3.0
      configure works fine. It uses no dynamic loading.
    AIX 3.2
        ./configure  powerpc-aix
      works with no dynamic loading and no JIT. It requires gcc-2.7.2,
      gcc-2.6.x fails on config/powerpc/threads.h. It alos has some
      trouble on kaffe/kaffevm/thread.c, iresumeThread(thread* tid).
      generates Null Pointer Exception. I comment out a part:
        /* Remove from lockQ if necessary */
                if (TCTX(tid)->blockqueue != 0) {
                }
      Then at least javac and appletviewer worked.  It fails on
      kaffe-0.8.4/test/threads/condtest.java. T3 looks like working.

In case of NO_SHARED_LIBRARIES, external.c have uninitialized libraryPath
which causes Null pointer exception also.
    static char* libraryPath = "/usr/open/lib";
is an easy fix. Some body menstions patch on external.c but
I cannot find out it..

It looks like Netscape 3.0 use CLASSPATH. Since  java30 and biss.zip conflicts,
we have to change CLASSPATH for netscape and appleviewer.

That's all.
--
Shinji KONO @ Information Engineering, University of the Ryukyus
$B2OLn??<#(B @ $BN05eBg3X9)3XIt>pJs9)3X2J(B