kaffe-0.8.4-m68k-nextstep3.patch

Masahiro Takatsuka masa at cs.curtin.edu.au
Tue Apr 29 17:05:28 PDT 1997

You wrote:
> This is a patch for kaffe-0.8.4 so that it runs on black NeXT HW.
> By appyling this patch I was able to run javac on HelloWorldApp.java
> and to run the resulting .class file --No other cases tested.
> This bug may also apply to other kaffe configurations.
>
> Maintainer: Please check if there are still more initializations missing
in
> thread.c:startDaemon() and related places -- looks like ...
>
> <eike at ilink.de>

What will happen if you don't apply this patch and try to run javac?
I built kaffe0.8.4 with NEXTSTEP3.3J developer environment on OPENSTEP4.1J
running on NeXT040 machine, and it compiled HelloWorldApp.java and ran it
fine without the patch.

Masa
---
Dr. Masahiro Takatsuka (MASA) : 高塚正浩
Curtin University of Technology, School of Computing
GPO Box U 1987, Perth 6001, WA AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61-9-351-2984    fax: +61-9-351-2819
e-mail: masa at cs.curtin.edu.au (NeXTmail or MIME OK)
url: http://www.cs.curtin.edu.au/~masa