kaffe-0.9.1 on NetBSD-1.2.1

Bernard Leach kaffe@kaffe.org
Mon Sep 1 02:22:09 PDT 1997

Shigeru IKEDA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to complie and install kaffe-0.9.1 on NetBSD-1.2.1. But
> compilation of
>
> * libkaffe_native.so
> * libkaffe_zip.so
> * libkaffe_vm.so
>
> stopped with the following message (The numbers are different across the
> libraries).
>
> ld: internal error: wrong number (378) of global symbols written into
> output file, should be 395
>
> After checking the source of ld and playing with it, I found that
> NetBSD-1.2.1's ld counts global alias symbols as global symbols, but
> it would not write global alias symbols, so the numbers do not
> match. (I don't know whether it is the bug of NetBSD-1.2.1's ld or
> not.)
>
> I also found that all the global alias symbols are libc's.
>
> And applied the following patch and re-autconf and tried to compile
> again. (Maybe changing 'Makefile.in's is better.)
>
> *** configure.in        1997/08/30 03:19:14     1.1
> --- configure.in        1997/08/30 03:19:19
> ***************
> *** 702,708 ****
>
>   dnl Checks for standard libraries
>
> - AC_CHECK_LIBRARY(c,printf,STD_LIBRARIES)
>   AC_CHECK_LIBRARY(m,sin,STD_LIBRARIES)
>   AC_SUBST(STD_LIBRARIES)
>
> --- 702,707 ----
>
> The result seems OK. I could compile, install, and pass the 'make
> test'.

This didnt seem to have any effect on my machine.

ld: internal error: wrong number (382) of global symbols written into
output file, should be 399

Were there any other changes that you made?

--
Bernard Leach                    Australian Business Access Pty Ltd.
leachbj@aba.net.au               http://www.aba.net.au/