Cryptix and Java

Brian Burton brian.burton at burton-computer.com
Wed Aug 6 06:47:00 PDT 1997

Sorry to bother the group, but this is the only way I can reach Jon
Skeet.

Jon Skeet wrote:

> Many many thanks for replying on the Shared Libraries/Kaffe issue. That
> sounds like it could well be it. (Sort of a shame Kaffe doesn't "comply",
> isn't it?)

My pleasure.  I'm glad that you were able to get cryptix working.  And
thanks for mentioning it on the list!  I hadn't heard of it before.
Hopefully a future kaffe release will include a JNI implementation.

BTW, I cannot get email to you at your return address
(jon at isaiah.altavista.co.uk).  When I try, I get a sendmail error (Name
server: isaiah.altavista.co.uk: host not found).  And if I try sending
to either fw1.altavista.co.uk or simply altavista.co.uk I get back an
error message such as:

fw1.altavista.co.uk unable to deliver mail to the following
recipient(s):

jon at fw1.altavista.co.uk:
        jon:
        No such user

All the best,
++Brian

--
Brian Burton                          Custom Software Development
Burton Computer Corporation           Java, C++, Orbix, Tuxedo