JNI again

John D. Gwinner gwinner at northnet.org
Tue Aug 12 20:13:56 PDT 1997

Daniel:

  I agree heartily; anything to make it easier to embed Kaffe in products
would be a plus.

  I just noticed that Sun now says something about being able to
redistribute native programs that invoke Java through the JNI; this is a
180 of their position (it means I don't need a source license to embed Java
in my .exe) and may mean that Kaffe is less important to me than it once
was; however, anything to make the Java language unencumbered would be a
very, very good thing.

        == John D. Gwinner ==
== VisNet, Inc
== "Making CyberSpace Real" (TM)
== VisNet, VisCIS, and Making CyberSpace real are trademarks of VisNet, Inc
== for more info: http://www.vis-net.com or http://www.northnet.org/VisNet
== or mailto:75162.514 at compuserve.com