why am I getting multiple copies of messages

Rob Mayoff mayoff at dqd.com
Wed Aug 13 10:34:15 PDT 1997

Can somebody please explain why I got four copies of this message?  I
could understand two copies, since it got sent to both kaffe at kaffe.org
and kaffe at soi.city.ac.uk (for no apparent reason).  But I got two
copies with Message-Id <199708130304.EAA11567 at home.virtual-pc.com> and
two copies with Message-Id <199708130310.EAA18033 at vega.soi.city.ac.uk>.

From: "John D. Gwinner" <gwinner at northnet.org>
To: <kaffe at kaffe.org>, <kaffe at soi.city.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: JNI again
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:13:56 -0400

Daniel:

  I agree heartily; anything to make it easier to embed Kaffe in products
would be a plus.

  I just noticed that Sun now says something about being able to
redistribute native programs that invoke Java through the JNI; this is a
180 of their position (it means I don't need a source license to embed Java
in my .exe) and may mean that Kaffe is less important to me than it once
was; however, anything to make the Java language unencumbered would be a
very, very good thing.

        == John D. Gwinner ==
== VisNet, Inc
== "Making CyberSpace Real" (TM)
== VisNet, VisCIS, and Making CyberSpace real are trademarks of VisNet, Inc
== for more info: http://www.vis-net.com or http://www.northnet.org/VisNet
== or mailto:75162.514 at compuserve.com