Minimal Kaffe

Schramp, R. R.Schramp at research.kpn.com
Wed Aug 20 01:44:01 PDT 1997

Hello all,

I am looking for a VM implementation suitable for running on a embedded
system. Therefor size must be minimal and even a partial VM
implementation might be acceptable (no floats for example, no garbage
collection), you can see it as the VM for a javacard or something like a
small terminal. I compiled kaffe at home and the size came around 200k
bytes (kaffe????.so).

Is this all VM or is there also a lot of implementation for basic
classes, like the class loader.

The codesize I am looking for is more around 4k bytes for the VM and

Any response is appreciated,

Ruud Schramp