JIT on m68k?

Joel N. Weber II nemo at koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us
Tue Feb 18 20:06:19 PST 1997

frobnitz.gnu.ai.mit.edu is an amiga with m68k processor running netbsd.

duality and pogo are m68k HP workstations running NetBSD.

churchy and albert are also HP workstations with m68k processors; but
they run MoreBSD.  That system is probably not worth supporting though;
and those machines might sometime be upgraded to netbsd...

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Tim Wilkinson wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Karl N. Matthias wrote:
>
> > 	I am sure you are bombarded with questions of this nature, but I didn't
> > really know who else to ask.  Apologies!  Question:  Do you expect that
> > there will be JIT support on m68k(NeXTstep), and if so, when?  Is there
> > already a project for this in the works?  Thanks!
>
> Now the JIT code for the M68K is out (thanks to Richard Henderson) someone
> else will have to add the necessary magic to use it with NextStep, Amiga, etc.
> Any takers (I don't have a machine to do it on).
>
> Cheers
> Tim
>
> --
>   Tim Wilkinson                         Tel/Fax: +44 181 440 0658
>   T. J. Wilkinson & Associates,         Mobile:  +44 370 621006
>   London, UK.                           Email:   tim at tjwassoc.demon.co.uk

nemo
                                                 http://www.cyclic.com/~nemo
<nemo at koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>                    <devnull at gnu.ai.mit.edu>