alpha problem: failed assertion

Eduardo.Takahashi at N3.SP.CS.CMU.EDU Eduardo.Takahashi at N3.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
Fri Feb 21 14:19:49 PST 1997

Hi there,
I'm having a hard time with kaffe 0.8.1 on a alpha_osf32 in the JIT version.
To compile I have to use Alexandre Oliva's patches, and when I try to run

> kaffe HelloWorldApp

I get this:

jit/code-analyse.c:212: failed assertion `sp >= meth->localsz && sp <= meth->localsz + meth->stacksz'

Checking with gdb I get sp = 4, meth->localsz = 1 and meth->stacksz = 2
what obviously makes the VM fail. Does anyone know why it gets in that
condition? Is that a problem somewhere in the alpha code?

Eduardo