General questions on allocating objects from native code

Daniel.Veillard at imag.fr Daniel.Veillard at imag.fr
Tue Feb 25 08:45:50 PST 1997

  I need to instanciate Kaffe classes from native code. This is
not a problem since the "official" interface in native.h exports
the prototypes needed for such an allocation :
   extern object* AllocObject(char*);
   etc...
Now I have object which won't be garbage collected by Java runtime
(well I hope so since I keep a link on them from the C data structures).
Unfortunately I don't see any "official" interface for freeing these
data. Is there any safe way to free them ?
Another point : does calling calling AllocObject simply allocate the
object or the full structure { base + data } as I would expect.

Daniel

P.S: This list is archived at http://opera.inrialpes.fr/tools/Kaffe/messages/