Huh? test/Stock.java

Mark Huizer xaa at stack.nl
Sun Jul 6 02:53:27 PDT 1997

Just a small question. Just for fun I tried some of the tests, giving
errors quite some times, but some are strange.

Take e.g. test/compiler/Stock.java...

                try {
                        url = new URL( "http://localhost/" );
                        System.out.println( "Hi\n" );
                        System.out.println( url.getContent().toString() );
                        System.out.println( "Bye\n" );
                }
                catch (java.io.IOException e) {
                }
                catch (java.net.MalformedURLException e) {

Here it generates an error that it never reaches the second cache
statement (Stock.java:27: catch not reached.)

Isn't it supposed to be able to reach it? Or am I so wrong in my
understanding that one has to check for all exceptions in one catch and
try to find out what it is in other ways?

Mark
- Mark Huizer  - xaa at stack.nl     - rcbamh at urc.tue.nl                   -