Another kaffe 0.9.1 failed assertion

Kent Ryhorchuk ryhorchu at nortel.ca
Mon Jul 28 04:13:00 PDT 1997

Hello again all,

The assertion failed problem I previously mentioned went away when I changed
compiler and assembler. I had been using gcc version 2.5.8 with the HP 700/800
series asembler (as). HP's assembler did not like some of the directives in
the parisc thread switching code. Now I am using gcc version 2.7.2.2 and
GNU assembler version 2.7 and it seems to work ok.

However, I have now encountered a new failed assertion:

./intrp/machine.c:184: failed assertion `npc < meth->c.bcode.codelen'

This happened when I tried to download byte code from a http conection and
call a method in it. The ClassLoader I used to do this worked fine with Sun's
VM on Solaris.

Kent.

---forwarded-message---->

Jul 24 10:33 1997