Speed of version 0.9

Ian Brown inb at creare.com
Tue Jun 24 13:11:24 PDT 1997

Tim Wilkinson wrote:
> As for the memory hogging,
> this is caused by the way the JIT works and I've now solved this in the
> next release.

Will this address the problems that I mentioned about a week ago?  If
you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, here is a quick summary:

I have a server process that handles requests from multiple clients.
Running using java from the JDK on any machine (either 1.0.2 or 1.1)
works fine.  Kaffe 0.8.1 worked fine.  Kaffe 0.9.0 grows until the
process runs out of memory and then crashes.  It appears to grow by
several hundred Kbytes per request, which seems rather excessive to
begin with.

Ian