JDK 1.1

Per Bothner bothner at cygnus.com
Thu Mar 6 23:29:28 PST 1997

>    Is there any expected date for a full version of Kaffe for JDK 1.1, that
> includes support for the new API (specifically the new AWT)?.

People who work on free software learn not to give estimates on dates,
except to people for paying for it, since the work that one is getting
paid for tends to get higher priority ...

That said, I just sent Tim some very preliminary patches that allow
*some* use of the classes.zip from JDK 1.1.  It gets quite a bit though
my Kawa testsuite.

However, I have done nothing for AWT.  There is too much else that
needs to get working (and tested) first.  I will work on reflection,
and some of the other core 1.1 features, since I want to use them
for Kawa (and because we need to nail down the reflective types
in any case);  I hope others will work on AWT.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner at cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner