Problems with kaffe-0.8.2 on NextStep 3.3

Mircea Oancea mircea at pathcom.com
Sun Mar 9 10:00:22 PST 1997

Hi,

I downloaded kaffe and compiled it today. Though the Makefiles raised
some errors and the final link commad was broken it compiled using gcc
2.7.2.
It runs the HelloWorldApp but when compiling it brakes with:

$ javac HelloWorldApp.java
./intrp/machine.c:186: failed assertion `npc < meth->codelen'
/usr/local/bin/javac: 3776 abort

I tried to remove the assetion in the code and then it says:

$> javac HelloWorldApp.java
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java/util/VectorEnumerator.nextElement(line unknown, pc 0x197e2a)
        at sun/tools/javac/Main.compile(157)
        at sun/tools/javac/Main.main(289)
error: An exception has occurred in the compiler; please file a bug
report (java-bugs at java.sun.com).

Has anyone been more successful on this architecture ? Are there
binaries for next-nexstep-3.3 ?

Thanks,
Mircea.

PS: Please send the replies both to the list and to me directly.