Kaffe on Solaris with SunC compiler.

Tim Wilkinson tim at tjwassoc.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 15:29:35 PST 1997

Gilles,

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Gilles Dauphin wrote:

> I am young to Kaffe mailing list. So, I try to compile Kaffe 0.8.2
> with Sun C 4.0 on Solaris 2.5 SS5 computer and it does not compile.
> Here is the probleme:
>
> The problem is in config/sparc/jit.h line 33:
>
> #define CALL_KAFFE_FUNCTION(meth, obj)                                  \
>         asm("   mov %0,%%o0                                             \n\
>                 call %1,0                                               \n\
>                 nop                                                     \n\
>         " : : "r" (obj), "r" (meth->ncode))
>
> What is the mean of ' : : ' in the asm directive?
> Is special to GNU asm?
> What is the equivalent asm directive for SunC compiler?
> I have also a problem with the 'asm volatile' directive.

Yes this is all special GNU machine, and I have not idea what the CC
equivalent is.  If you decide to work it out please let me know.

> An other problem is in kaffe/kaffevm/jit/constpool.c line 101:
> void
> establishConstants(void *at)
> {
>         constpool *c;
>
>         for (c = firstConst; c != currConst; c = c->next) {
>                 c->at = (uintp)at;
>                 *(union _constpoolval*)at = c->val;
>                 at += sizeof(c->val);   <----- problem here ('at' is void*)
>         }
>
>         currConst = firstConst;
>         nConst = 0;
> }

I've sorter this one out so it'll compile on non-GNU compilers.

Thanks
Tim

--
  Tim Wilkinson                         Tel/Fax: +44 181 440 0658
  T. J. Wilkinson & Associates,         Mobile:  +44 370 621006
  London, UK.                           Email:   tim at tjwassoc.demon.co.uk