Kaffe on MkLinux

Tatsuo Ishii t-ishii at sra.co.jp
Mon Mar 10 21:03:32 PST 1997

Hello,

I am fairly new to this list, so forgive me if this is a FAQ.

I have grabbed kaffe-0.8.2.tgz and
kaffe-0.8.2-package-javasoft.com.tgz. Compiling and installing on my
MkLinux DR2 (+updates) seemed success-full, though a few modifications
were needed for some Makefile.in.  I then set environment variables
using ENVIRONMENT file to test the kaffe. typing:

	% cd <java source directory>/test
	% kaffe HelloWorldApp

printed "Hello World!". Great! It works! Next thing I tried was:

	% javac HelloWorldApp.java

and this produced:

	kaffe: ./intrp/machine.c:186: virtualMachine: Assertion `npc <meth->codelen' failed.

Am I missing something? Has anyone succeeded in installing Kaffe/javac
on a MkLinux box?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii at sra.co.jp