kaffe on a Mac

Dr Paul Gorman Paul.Gorman at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Mon Mar 24 19:27:29 PST 1997

Hi,

has anyone got kaffe to work with the BISS awt on a Mac using CodeBuilder?
i.e. Run the Sun animator applets or some of the other demo applets?

I have installed 0.8.3 after a couple of problems with the HANDLELIB macro
which wasn't defined for the set up.

Line 67 of external.c :

static HANDLELIB libHandle[MAXLIBS]

( or whatever it was, I can't quite remember...)

becomes

static void* libHandle[MAXLIBS]

after looking at the previous version! This with the addition of the line
#include "thread.h" in classMethod.c builds the system.

The only problem is I can do hardly anything with it - I can pop up a frame
by doing  new Frame etc. Anything more complicated crashes the machine. The
appletviewer sometimes pops up with the frame then crashes the Mac or just
crashes the Mac.

I was running System 7.5.3 but Iam now running System 7.6 but have the same
problem. I have a 24MB 7600/120 with a 1.2 G disc partitioned into 3 with
virtual memory switched on. Switching off most of the extensions doesn't
help either...

Regards,

Paul.
-- Dr. Paul Gorman                  e-mail   : PGorman at cs.otago.ac.nz
-- Department of Computer Science   Phone    : +64 - 3 479 8366
-- University of Otago              Fax      : +64 - 3 479 8529
-- PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
--                WWW: http://atlas.otago.ac.nz:800/staff/PaulGorman.html
--
-- "What speed is godspeed?"    Eddy Izzard