State of Java on Sparc Linux?

Henry Katz hkatz at hkatz.dialup.access.net
Tue Mar 25 19:34:10 PST 1997

On Mar 25,  8:19pm, Tim Wilkinson tickled the electrons to say:
> Subject: Re: State of Java on Sparc Linux?
> On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Henry Katz wrote:
>
> > Please update me on where Java is for Sparc Linux?
> >
> > Last I looked we had a JIT from kaffe but still missing true awt.
> >
> > Have we gone further since?
>
> Well we have a SPARC JIT but no implementation on Linux (anyone want to
> lend me an account on a Linux SPARC?).  As for AWT, you can now use BISS-AWT
If you can't download the GPL'd RedHat software from a UK mirror I'll
send you the CD media.
> which is pretty good thought still misses a few things.
Yes - but that's precisely what I mean. Why should the Intel Linux platform
have all the goodies and not the sparc one? I believe RedHat's Linux is the
cutting edge and probably just short of production quality but why miss
these few things?

Cheers,
Henry

--
Enterprise Admin,      | Henry Katz,MS  net: hkatz@{panix,lehman}.com
Systems Engineering,   | ISCS, Inc.     vox: 201.524.4069 fax: 201.524.4349