JNI support?

James A. Hillyerd james at blarg.net
Thu May 8 13:30:19 PDT 1997

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Richard Henderson wrote:

> > That is, would one be able to use the Kaffe VM with the native libraries
> > from SUN (i.e. libjava.so and libawt.so from SUN)?.
>
> Yes.  The JNI is a complete ABI for native code to talk to the VM.

I think it's time to create a majordomo footer for this message that has a
list of all the acronyms for Java...  I've seen JNI a few times, don't
know what it is.  I've never heard of an ABI before.  Is that typo for
API?

-james

[  James A. Hillyerd (JH2162) james at blarg.net - PerlProgrammer   ]
[   http://www.blarg.net/~james/     http://www.pimedia.com/     ]
[ 1024/B11C3751 CA 1C B3 A9 07 2F 57 C9  91 F4 73 F2 19 A4 C5 88 ]