Memory leak, or lazy garbage collector?

Gary Howland gary at systemics.com
Thu May 15 08:20:16 PDT 1997

Hi,

I have had a kaffe server running for some days now, and it is now 18 megs
big.  The perl equivalents of this program never got this big (and the
size of our perl servers were the reason we ported them to Java!).

Is it possible this size is due to a memory leak, or is it perhaps due to
the garbage collector not being very busy?  I intend to add in some explicit
gc calls to see if that helps, but I am curious as to what people think
may be causing this.

Thanks,

Gary
--
pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary at systemics.com>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06