Memory leak, or lazy garbage collector?

Tony Kimball Anthony.Kimball at East.Sun.COM
Thu May 15 14:51:34 PDT 1997

: Gary Howland writes:
:  > I have had a kaffe server running for some days now, and it is now 18 megs
:  > big.  The perl equivalents of this program never got this big (and the
:  > size of our perl servers were the reason we ported them to Java!).

A comment and a specific question:

The mean resident page set size is a more realistic measure
than virtual size.  A large virtual size is okay as long as it
does not grow to some unacceptable fraction of available swap.

Has anyone done any space-profiling with kaffe?  Please report!