Kaffe 0.9.0 - SunOS (problems)

Artur Biesiadowski abies at pg.gda.pl
Sun May 25 03:29:50 PDT 1997

On Sun, 25 May 1997, Alex Milanovic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The Kaffe Virtual Machine didn't succedd in loading the class ToolKit
> from the biss package (AWT). I looked at the content of the zip file,
> and the Toolkit class was there, so I really don't understand what's
> wrong with that class and not with other AWT classes. May be the biss
> AWT package doesn't behave 100% like Sun's AWT ?

Looking at your -verbose info, it seems that you haven't included biss.zip
in your classpath (after or before classes.zip)

BTW, I think that java needs some ability to work with .zip files like
normal system with shared libraries (dll/so). With more and more general
packages like jgl, it would be tiresome to add them by hand to CLASSPATH.
They could be just put in one directory and loaded on request by some call
like System.loadZipLibrary("libname");
But I'm afraid that sun has to do this - maybe somebody can suggest this
to them ? :)

Artur