Kaffe 0.9.0 strangeness
dyoung at cu-online.com
Sat May 31 01:38:15 PDT 1997
Regarding the problem of the "Library load failed: File not
found" error, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:
The problem is that one of the debugging macros (called LDBG)
in kaffe/kaffevm/external.c wasn't deactivated before Kaffe 0.9.0
was packaged up for distribution. Kaffe tries a few times to load
its libraries from different directories. In the event that the
library it is looking for can't be found in, say, /lib, a
the debugging message "Library load failed: File not found" is
emitted, even if the library is eventually found in, say, /usr/lib
or /usr/local/lib some other place.
I seem to remember that there was a little bit more to it than
that--it could be that an error really is occurring but I've mis-
remembered, but Kaffe 0.9.0 seems to work if I change the line
in external.c that reads '#define LDBG(s) s' to '#define LDBG(s)'.
> And by the way, this is not the same error message as
> "kaffe: can't load library 'libkaffe_vm.so'", which I had gotten
> previously, before I set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly.
Jolly Jolly Boxcar Sneeze!
More information about the kaffe