Object Seralistion!

Vik Sohal vik at lynx.lynx.com
Tue Oct 7 09:44:08 PDT 1997

Object Serialization requires an understanding of the low level protocol
that SUN uses in their own implementation. Up till a week ago this protocol
was not published, but I understand that it is now. We are looking at it and
are thinking about implementing it in Kaffe. If we do, I am quite certain we
will be able to post it as a patch to the Kaffe community.

Vik Sohal

At 11:34 PM 10/6/97 +0100, you wrote:
>P. V. Thatayya Naidu wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>     Will  Object Serialistion and RMI work with this new release Kaffe
0.9.2 ?

>I'm afraid not.  Any takers?
>
>Cheers
>Tim
>--
>  Tim Wilkinson                         Tel/Fax: +44 181 446 1309
>  T. J. Wilkinson & Associates,         Mobile:  +44 370 621006
>  London, UK.                           Email:   tim at tjwassoc.co.uk

* Vik Sohal                     *  email: vik at lynx.com        *
* Lynx Real-Time Systems        *  voice: (408) 879-3900 x119 *
* 2239 Samaritan Drive          *    fax: (408) 879-3920      *
* San Jose, CA 95124            *                             *
* cute msg: "We just turned it on, and it's I.Q. is already   *
*             in the thousands!"                              *