Utah OSKit/JavaOS

James A. Hillyerd james at blarg.net
Mon Oct 13 12:55:13 PDT 1997

Here is a link to a page that talks a little about Utah's Java Computer:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux/oskit/javaos.html

It says it will be free for non-commercial use, and that a full release
was due out May 97.  I see that they are behind on almost all of their
deadlines.  (Must be a Microsoft train ground.)

I am curious, does Kaffe's license allow someone to port it, then sell it
for commercial use?  That doesn't seem right to me.  [Perhaps the JavaOS
just plain isn't available for commercial use, since they don't explicitly
say they are selling it.]

-james

[  James A. Hillyerd (JH2162) - james at blarg.net - Web Developer  ]
[  http://www.blarg.net/~james/   http://www.hyperglyphics.com/  ]
[ 1024/B11C3751 CA 1C B3 A9 07 2F 57 C9  91 F4 73 F2 19 A4 C5 88 ]