Alpha linux hangs when using javac

pere at td.org.uit.no pere at td.org.uit.no
Thu Oct 30 04:50:22 PST 1997

>Submitter-Id:  kaffe-user
>Originator:    Petter Reinholdtsen
	kaffe hangs when trying to compile something using javac.  It
	uses 90% CPU, but is never done.
>How-To-Repeat:
	After getting kaffe to compile on Linux Alpha (had to add
	-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib to the linking of kaffe), I tried
	running javac to compile test/general/RandomTest.java.  I had
	to add CLASSPATH=/usr/local/share/kaffe/classes.zip and
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib to environment to get it to run
	at all.  The compiler never finishes.
>Fix:
	Don't know.