kaffe hangs on large app

Jay Chalfant jchalfan at outbackinc.com
Thu Sep 11 10:38:19 PDT 1997

When trying to run our Java application, the kaffe compiler hangs. That
is, it still consumes cpu (~94%), but the application has stopped. This
application runs under the blackdown Linux JDK and Sun's Win32 JDK. My
feeling is there may be a problem with the number of classes our app
loads before it hangs (292). Alternatively, there may be a problem
executing code from some of the classes loaded. The last class loaded is
an OrbixWeb class. However I can build a demo app from Orbix that loads
and runs the same class. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance...

-J