Thread.sleep() strangeness

Matthew P. Gleeson gleeson at ERC.MsState.Edu
Wed Apr 29 12:32:03 PDT 1998

I think I can see where the problem occurs: the sysdepCallMethod()
macro in config/sparc/common.h doesn't do the right thing with the
64-bit jlong argument to Thread.sleep().

Admittedly it's my first day doing SPARC assembler, but I don't even
see how the macro works at all: it seems to assume that the SPARC has
64-bit registers for %o0-%o5.

It looks like the part that goes:
                ld [%2],%%o0                                            \n\
                ld [%2+8],%%o1                                          \n\
                ld [%2+16],%%o2                                         \n\
                ld [%2+24],%%o3                                         \n\
                ld [%2+32],%%o4                                         \n\
                ld [%2+40],%%o5                                         \n\

should actually go something like:
		ldd [%2+16],%%o4					\n\

but that seems to mess things up elsewhere.