Thread support in 0.10 on OpenBSD

Simon J. Gerraty sjg at quick.com.au
Wed Apr 1 14:43:30 PST 1998

> > How did you determine that the offset was 2??  looking at setjmp.S, I
> > see:
> >         movl    8(%edx),%esp

Like I said, I was looking at NetBSD which does not have a line like
that.  I was looking at:
	movl    %edx, 0(%ecx)
        movl    %ebx, 4(%ecx)
	movl    %esp, 8(%ecx)

Now its nearly 10 yrs since I did any x86 assembler and I don't have
any manuals for it but I'd guess that that puts %esp into the 3rd slot
- ie. offset 2

>  Either that or you might just try the FreeBSD configuration.  It's also 2
> there.  Now I don't think that's a surprise.

There are some surprising differences between FreeBSD and NetBSD of
which OpenBSD is an offshoot, given that both OpenBSD and NetBSD are
multi platform he's probably safer taking the NetBSD config as base.
The stack offset bug has been there since 0.9.2 (0.9.1 worked fine).

--sjg