will it work?

Dubyo dubstef at ast5.uibk.ac.at
Wed Aug 12 06:43:12 PDT 1998

Hello!

I recently downloaded kaffe-1.0.b1-1.src.rpm, and it wont rebuild. I took
the included kaffe-1.0.b1.tar.gz and got an executable that core dumps.

Are there any undocumented configure options to get it right?

The system is a sparcstation ipx running a glibc-based linux distribution
(redhat 5.1).

Yours, Peter

PS: I gave it another try and got me kaffe-snap.tar.gz

>[gnu at oasis kaffe-snap]$ gdb
>GNU gdb 4.17
>Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
>welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
>Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
>This GDB was configured as "sparc-redhat-linux".
>(gdb) file /usr/local/bin/Kaffe
>Reading symbols from /usr/local/bin/Kaffe...done.
>(gdb) run -v test/HelloWorldApp
>Starting program: /usr/local/bin/Kaffe -v test/HelloWorldApp
>Klasses.jar) [compressed]
>
>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>0xe00ebb44 in __longjmp ()
>(gdb)

Its always at the same address.