compiling: java.io.IOException error

Buick, Robert Robert.Buick at racalinst.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 08:45:55 PDT 1998

 <<runjavac.bat>>
please find attached .bat file to be run from a dos promtp to set up the
path and classpath so that they will run from cygwin. Once I get the
pizza compiler running I'll send you the info.

Rob.

P.S. setting the environmental variables from cygwin is broken, or never
worked on NT and I've just installed everything on a 95 box and ditto.
Can you set environmental variables from within cygwin? To test if it
has set one, type 'echo $<name>' e.g. 'echo $FOO', it should return
whatever you set it to, not a blank line.