Getting started w/ kaffe & BSDI 4.0

Mark Glemboski markg at ans.net
Thu Aug 27 10:05:22 PDT 1998

Even though BSDI BSDI 4.0 is my goal, to get started with kaffe,
I'm compiling it on Solaris to get familiar with the environment
and because I assume it compiles/runs cleanly out of the gate
just doing a configure;make.

So far, that's not true, so I must be missing something.

I've got the 8/25 snapshot, since the 1.0.b1 version doesn't have
a clean set of Makefiles. It compiles as it should, but can I
expect all of the regression tests to pass?

Here's the first failure from ProcessTest:

java ProcessTest
Caught exception: no input stream
	java.lang.Exception: no input stream
	at java/lang/Throwable.<init>(30)
	at java/lang/Exception.<init>(21)
	at ProcessTest.main(34)

Should jdb work? Here's it's problem:

jdb ProcessTest
Initializing jdb...
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: agent
	at java/lang/Throwable.<init>(30)
	at java/lang/Error.<init>(21)
	at java/lang/LinkageError.<init>(21)
	at java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(21)
	at java/lang/Runtime.loadLibrary(125)
	at java/lang/System.loadLibrary(92)
	at sun/tools/debug/Agent.<clinit>(1683)
	at sun/tools/ttydebug/TTY.<init>(1447)
	at sun/tools/ttydebug/TTY.main(1615)

I expect there's something I don't have configured right yet.
I've gone through the obvious ones like CLASSPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Any good getting started pointers/information refererences
would be appreciated.

mark

Mark Glemboski
ANS Communications - WorldCom