class java/lang/Object not founded ?

francette lemoine f.lemoine at lemel.fr
Wed Aug 12 08:35:40 PDT 1998

I'm trying to install KAFFE on Cygnus32 and Win95.... and it seems it will
*take a long time*

After modifying the file external_wrappers.h, I got Kaffe.exe.

In c:\kaffe-1.0.b1\test\regression\TestScript, I changed javac with
javac.bat, but it is not suffisant to succeed when launching *make test*,
the class *java/lang/Object* seems to be ignored

Do you have the same problem ?

BASH.EXE-2.01$ make test

*** Running tests
kaffe: permission denied
error running
  Should have got:
Hello World!
  But got instead:
ERROR
HelloWorldApp ... Signal 6
error compiling
Cannot find essential class 'java/lang/Object' in class library ...
aborting.
TestIntLong ... Signal 6
error compiling
Cannot find essential class 'java/lang/Object' in class library ...
aborting.
TestFloatDouble ... ignored
Str ... Signal 6
error compiling
Cannot find essential class 'java/lang/Object' in class library ...
aborting.
Str2 ... Signal 6
error compiling
Cannot find essential class 'java/lang/Object' in class library ...
aborting.
IndexTest ... Signal 6
make: *** [test] Interrupt

BASH.EXE-2.01$