Three minor patches for Kaffe

Pavel.Roskin at ecsoft.co.uk Pavel.Roskin at ecsoft.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 04:48:03 PDT 1998

Hello!

Here are 3 patches. No one of them claims to solve all the problems with
HP-UX or Cygwin32, but all they seem to be quite correct and useful.
1) kaffe-alias.diff. We shouldn't say that hppa1.1 is supported while
hppa1.0 or hppa2.0 are not. These processors are not so different, that we
must write something specific for each of them. Anyway, calling convention
for all hppa systems are the same. This patch will make the life easier for
those who tries to write sysdepCallMethod() for hppa systems. This patch
will also stimulate them to write code which also runs on hppa1.0
2) kaffe-sys.diff. This patch will make the life easier for those who work
on OS'es with weak case-sensitivity (such as Windows 95 and OS/2). This
patch makes sure that the right system.h is included. Please note, that
this patch doesn't use #ifdef or somethings like this, so it should not
break anything.
3) kaffe-winsock.diff. This patch makes the life easier for those who have
both <sys/socket.h> and <winsock.h>. In my opinion, only one of those files
should be used. UNIX compilers should only use <sys/socket.h>. Cygwin32
doesn't need <winsock.h> - I've just compiled Kaffe under Cygwin32 with
this patch. Only in the case that <sys/socket.h> is _not_ present,
<winsock.h> should be used instead. Nevertheless, I think that the presence
of <winsock.h> should be clearly indicated, so it is still should be tested
in "configure" if even <sys/socket.h> has already be found. Even those
stange Linux users which have Wine installed (why only Linux? Wine supports
FreeBSD too) should IMHO have HAVE_WINSOCK_H defined (if even Kaffe
wouldn't _currently_ use it). So this patch removes one of hacks from
config/config-hacks.h. I personally dislike #undef directive, especially in
such context.

Pavel Roskin
ECsoft
London, UK

(See attached file: kaffe-winsock.diff)(See attached file: kaffe-sys.diff)
(See attached file: kaffe-alias.diff)