Linux problem with AWT

Maksim Lin maksim at swin.edu.au
Thu Aug 13 23:38:50 PDT 1998

Well I just tried the fix suggested (by uncommenting the else if bit -
kaffe snap-shot from 2 days ago) and it doens't seem to help, I still
get those wretched BadMatch errors using the biss-JDE (I'm using the
BlackBox wm).  Now I'm not sure what the BadMatch error messages mean,
but the result is that the window frames don't paint themselves until
you resize the window.

Maksim.

Peter C. Mehlitz wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, (U wrote:
> >Try to change the following code in 'X/evt.c':
> >
> >jobject
> >clientMessage ( JNIEnv* env, Toolkit* X )
> >{
> >  if ( X->event.xclient.message_type == WM_PROTOCOLS ) {
> >       if ( X->event.xclient.data.l[0] == WM_DELETE_WINDOW ) {
> >         return (*env)->CallStaticObjectMethod( env, WindowEvent, getWindowEvent, X->srcIdx, (X->evtId = WINDOW_CLOSING));
> >       }
> >        else if ( X->event.xclient.data.l[0] == WM_TAKE_FOCUS ) {
> >         XSetInputFocus( X->dsp, X->event.xany.window, RevertToNone, CurrentTime);
> >        }
> >  }
> >  /*
> >   * this is a workaround for the common problem of requesting the focus for not
> >   * yet mapped windows (resulting in BadMatch errors)
> >   */
>
> Oops, this is right, the WM_TAKE_FOCUS branch was completely ill.. Does it
> help? I remember a lot of unsuccessful tests (with AfterStep, I recall).
>
> -- Peter

Maksim Lin

Centre for Object Technology Applications and Research
Swinburne University of Technology

http://www.csse.swin.edu.au/maksim