Winnt porting

Gustavo Trelles trelles at montrouge.rms.slb.com
Fri Aug 14 02:29:34 PDT 1998

Greetings,

	I recently downloaded both, kaffe 1.0.b1 and Cygnus32 Beta 19 for a
project. I have read the archive messages and the FAQs and readme file
included with kaffe but I just can't seem to find information on a
successful porting to Windows NT. I am basically running:

./configure --host=i386-unknown-win32/cygnus --prefix=c:/kaffe
make
make install

	But I suspect I'll need some extra hack... err. I mean configuring to make
it work, since for the 'make' commands all I get is a lot a fuzz and some
errors such as:

<snip>
make[3]: *** [Class.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 1
bash-2.01$

	As I'm new to both, Kaffe and Cygnus and don't have an idea of what's
going on... I have read of similar problems on the archives but for W95,
not NT. Can anyone point me in the right direction to port Kaffe onto NT??

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo

                       ,,,
                      (. .)
Gustavo A. Trelles, E.I.T.

Firmware Engineer
Schlumberger - Resource Management Services (RMS)
MTC - Montrouge Technology Center

office: 33/0-1-47.46.57.55      home: 33/0-1-46.54.19.60
e-mail: trelles at montrouge.rms.slb.com