Stack.java

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Sat Aug 22 10:46:38 PDT 1998

Maxim Kizub writes:
> Looks like java/util/Stack or java/util/Vector classes has bugs, or
> are improperly implemented.

Make sure you have the latest kaffe-snap. The version of java.util.Vector
in the original 1.0b1 release contained a bug. If you already have the
latest kaffe-snap, nevermind :-)

> I use JavaCC for my compiler, in fact - both jjtree & javacc.
> The code generated by jjtree (AST tree generator for JavaCC)
> heavy uses java/util/Stack class. After a while, it crashes
> my compiler with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on pop->peek
> operation. I've inserted a check like
>
> I've unpacked these Sun's classes and placed them in
> classpath before Klasses.jar - the compiler started
> to work fine. So, there is a bug or incompatibility
> with java/util/Stack of kaffe distribution.

Just because the crash happens in java.util.Stack, it doesn't
necessarily mean that's where the bug is.

However, you can confirm or deny this by replacing Kaffe's classes with
Sun's classes one at a time (instead of wholesale with classes.zip).

Eg,

 CLASSPATH=/tmp/overlay-classes:/usr/local/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar

Then put Sun's java/util/Stack.class into /tmp/overlay-classes/java/util
and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you're probably right.

-Archie