Kaffe 1.0b1 (NetBSD 1.3.2 sparc) anyone?

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Sun Aug 23 22:08:44 PDT 1998

>is anybody running kaffe 1.0b1 on NetBSD 1.3.2 (sparc)?
>Being listed as one of the supported OS/CPU combinations, I'm a bit
>puzzled and any help ip greatly appreciated.

When you read the list in 'http://www.transvirtual.com/ports.html',
you have to be careful! It also says, 'Please note that while we
try to keep all these ports working, there may be problems with
some.' It is a very important message :-)

I mean, most of processor/OS pairs listed in this page actually
do not work with kaffe-1.0, for the time being. This list is
just to memorize 'someone once made port for a specific processor/OS
pair'.

As far as Sparc is concerned, Solaris 2.6, SunOS 4.1.4 are the
only OS'es reported to work. SunOS 4.1.3 has serious problems
in its dynamic linker and at least dynamically linked version
does not work.

I also plan to check whether Sparc/NetBSD works or not when
I finish to make m68k/{NetBSD,SunOS,linux} works, but you need
not hesitate to spend time to fix buges in this port :-)

Kiyo