test results on NT4.0

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Thu Aug 27 13:17:26 PDT 1998

 Hi Robert,

> I have just run 'make test' on NT4.0 with the following results. Any
> thoughts?

 Is this with the current CVS?  If not, what changes did you have to make?
I'd say it looks mighty good...

The StackDump failure is only because of the weird STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
message; maybe there's a way in Cygwin32 to suppress those?
Note that this test deliberately causes a null pointer access to
check the stacktrace construction, so it's okay to have the
"STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" -- but since it's caught, they didn't have
to print it.

The ProcessTest relies on the new forkexec, which is implemented only
in unix-jthreads.  That is, you need to give --with-threads=unix-jthreads
(or simply not give --with-threads=unix-internal.)  Or implement it for
internal.  I'd be interested to know what problems using jthread will
turn up.

	- Godmar